Irene Ultra 48km. #THEQUALIFIER
48km, 21.1 km, 10km, 5km
Gold medals to all finishers
Date: 8, 9, 10 April 2022
Venue: ARC Ground, Nelmapius Road, Irene Club
Entries Closing Date: 3 April 2022
The ideal seeding opportunity. Qualifying time is 5 hours 50 minutes (same as for 50km), but with 2km less to run. Mat to mat timing.
ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY: www.entryninja.com
• All participate at their own risk by their entry and indemnify the organizers, sponsors and governing bodies of any liability claims.
• Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event they are medically fit to participate.
• All participants in the 48 km, 21.1 km and 10 km must wear a valid 2022 licence number on the back and front of their vest during the race.
• Unlicensed runners/walkers in the 10 and 21.1 km must buy a temporary licence (R40).
• Runners in the 48 km must wear a permanent 2022 licence number and are not allowed to wear a temporary licence number.
• Race numbers must be worn on the front of the running top.
• The race number must not cover the sponsor’s logo on the licence number.
• No licence required for the fun run and trail runThe race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN and WA and all participants must wear club colours during the race, except when participating with temporary licences.
• Minimum age of 20 years on the day for the 48k, 16 years for the 21.1km and 14 years for the 10km race.
• No age limit for the fun run.
• Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all timesNo seconding is allowedAge category tags to be worn on front and back of vest.
• Proof of age required for category winners.
• No IPods or listening devices are allowed.Medical support will be available.
• No blades, cycles or mechanically operated devices are allowed in the race.
• Cut off time: 10 km – 08:00, 21.1 km – 09:00, 48 km – 12:00
• No pets/animals are allowed on the ARC premisesNo refunds will be given once an entry is purchased.
• In the event that the race is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers, the race will be converted to a virtual run. In such a case, arrangements will be made for medals to be couriered to entrants. Note that this may incur extra costs.
• The race organizers retain the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol who are disorderly or engage in inappropriate behaviour and vandalism.
• Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified.No littering allowed.
• No official timing of the 5km fun run.
• All entrants have the option to buy the high quality, official T-shirt when entering.
• Orders close on 20 March.
• Water points every 3 kmAll participants must adhere to the COVID-19 health and safety protocols implemented by ASA, including screenings, sanitising, completing of the online medical questionnaire, social distancing and the wearing of masks.
• Masks may only be removed once the race has started and must be worn again after the finish.
• No tog bag area available.
• Category winners who are not present at the prize-giving will have to collect their prizes and medals from the Irene Athletic Club.
• Ideal seeding opportunity.
• Qualifying time is 5 hours 50 minutes, the same as for 50km, but with 2km less to run.
• Mat to mat timing
• Novice walkers are welcome to join, will receive a loan “N” tag at the registration table.
• Novices will not be disqualified; however, these entrants will not be eligible for prize money, nevertheless will receive Race Medals.